Thursday, December 15, 2005

Random Transmissions 6 ~ Movie Quotes

Apocalypse Now

Charlie don't surf!

Charging a man with murder in this place was like handing out speeding tickets at the Indy 500.

I hardly said a word to my wife until I said yes to a divorce.

Die Hard

Alas, your Mr. Takagi did not see it that way, so he won't be joining us for the rest of his life.

Get Shorty

I once asked this literary agent what writing paid the best, and he said, "ransom notes."

The Godfather

Luca Brasi held a gun to his head, and my father assured him that either his brains -- or his signature -- would be on the contract.

My father taught me many things. . . keep your friends close, but your enemies closer.

The Godfather Part 2

No, Tom, I don't want to kill everybody... just my enemies.

Casablanca

Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine.

I was told you were the most beautiful woman in all of Casablaca. I see that was a great understatement.

Some Like It Hot

He wants to go to the Riviera, but I kinda lean toward Niagara Falls.

Duck Soup

I could dance with you until the cows came home; on second thoughts I’d rather dance with the cows when you came home.

Remember you're fighting for this woman's honor…which is probably more than she ever did.

The Maltese Falcon

Here’s to plain speaking and clear understanding.

Mrs Parker & The Vicious Circle

Razors pain you, rivers are damp, acids stain you, drugs cause cramp, guns aren't lawful, nooses give, gas smells awful; you might as well live.

Body Heat

You’re not too smart are you? I like that in a man.

The Usual Suspects

The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn’t exist.

Dangerous Liasons

I’ve distilled everything to one single principle: Win or die.

Every Day’s A Holiday

Let's get out of these wet clothes and into a dry Martini.

Klondike Annie

Between two evils, I always try the one I never tried before.

I’m No Angel: When I'm good, I'm very, very good, but when I'm bad, I'm better.

It's not the men in my life that counts - it's the life in my men.

It's better to be looked over than overlooked.

Manhattan

You look so beautiful I can hardly keep my eyes on the meter.

Stardust Memories

To you I'm an atheist; to God, I'm the Loyal Opposition.

Annie Hall

Hey, don't knock masturbation: It's sex with someone I love.

Those who can't do teach; those who can't teach, teach gym.

Life of Brian

All right, but apart from the sanitation, the medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, a fresh water system and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?

The Sweet Smell of Success

The cat’s in the bag, the bag’s in the river.

I’d hate to take a bite out of you: You’re a cookie filled with arsenic.

In brief, the best of everything is good enough for me.

Citizen Kane

Old age: It's the only disease that you don't look forward to being cured of.

Swingers

I’ll have pancakes in the age of enlightenment.

Trent, the beautiful babies don't work the midnight to six shift on a Wednesday, this is like the skank shift.

L.A. Confidential
Some men get the world, other men get ex hookers and a trip to Arizona.

Glengarry Glen Ross

First prize is a new car; second prize . . .a set of steak knives; third prize is… you're fired.

Only one thing counts in this life: Get them to sign on the line which is dotted...A: Always, B: Be, C: Closing.

F*** you, that's my name.

You drove a Hyundai to get here tonight and I drove an eighty thousand dollar BMW: THAT'S my name.

Heist

My motherf**ker is so cool, when he goes to sleep, the sheep count him.

I don't want you as quiet as an ant pissing on cotton: I want you as quiet as an ant not even thinking about pissing on cotton.

Well, I tried to imagine a fellow smarter than myself; then I tried to think what he'd do?

Deconstructing Harry

I think you're the opposite of a paranoid: I think you're under the insane delusion that people like you.

The Spanish Prisoner

Always be wary of any venture that requires new clothes.

Confessions of a Dangerous Mind

Jesus Christ was dead and back again by the time he was 32. You better get crackin'.

Talk Radio

And remember, sticks and stones may break your bones, but words do permanent damage.

The Apartment

When you're in love with a married man, you shouldn't wear mascara.

True Romance

I want you to tell the angels in heaven that you never saw evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you.

King of Comedy

Better to be king for a night than a schmuck for a lifetime.

LA Confidential

Go back to Jersey, Sonny. This is the City of Angels and you haven't got any wings.

The Third Man

In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, bloodshed -- but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love. They had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock.

The Usual Suspects

Keaton always said, 'I don't believe in God, but I'm afraid of him.' Well I believe in God, and the only thing that scares me is Keyser Soze.

To Have and Have Not

Bacall: "Give her my love."
Bogart: "If she wore a dress like that, I'd give her MY love."

Bladerunner

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe: Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. It's time to die.

Sunset Boulevard

("You were once a big star.") "I'm still a big star. It's the pictures that got small."

Ben-Hur

There is no law in the arena.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Beware of enterprises that require new clothes" from the Spanish Prisoner is actually a stolen quote, from Ralph Waldo Emerson.

I like (From Real Genius)
"I am reminded of the words of Socrates, when he said ' I drank WHAT?!'"

Anonymous said...

"Beware of enterprises that require new clothes" from the Spanish Prisoner is actually a stolen quote, from Ralph Waldo Emerson.

No. It's from Henry David Thoreau. If you're going to be picky, be right.